Wednesday, December 22, 2010

With this ring... bowl or pillow?

I don't know when the ring bowl thing started, but I kind of think its adorable. I keep telling Mr. Pancakes that its SOO practical even though neither of us takes our rings off before bed. (Yes, Mr. Pancakes has a psuedo-engagement ring of his own).

Back to the point, it seems like Paloma's Nest has monopolized the market and there tasty little treasures don't come cheap! Now they've teamed up with my very favorite calligraphers MMInk to come up with these lovely ring bowls:
{Paloma's Nest - $52}


Yup, you read that right...$52!!! Turns out I don't love it THAT much. The good news is that Paloma's Nest has teamed up with Anthropolgie to come up with these cute little budget friendly ring bowls.
{Anthropologie - $9.95}

I was totally sold on the ring bowl until I saw this amazing "something blue" ring pillow. I definitely don't have a something blue yet and it would be such a great little addition to the day.
{Emerson Made - $68}

Yup, you read that right...$68!! It's craziness... so I did a little DIY ring pillow searching and found two great options:
{Martha Stewart Weddings}

I was thinking that I could do a burlap pillow and a pink chiffon flower with a little bit of blue ribbon. I

Then I found this super simple ring pillow. It's just pleated trim and a little bit of ribbon. I went down To MJ Trimmings to check it out and it looks like I could put this together for just $4!
{Martha Stewart Weddings}

I was thinking that instead of the pink ribbon I could do a little bit of burlap and a little bit of blue ribbon as my "something blue."

Now what is this I hear about using fake rings for the processional? Is this true??

No comments:

Post a Comment