Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And they call it puppy love....


This is my ring bearer. (Isn't this an amazing picture. He really loves to give kisses.)

His name is Bourbon Thomas Monroe III. I know that's a lot of name for such a small dog. At 4.5 lbs, he is the cutest 6-year-old I know! He's a Maltese-Poodle mix and has the best little personality.

He is the other love of my life and has been for many years. He was the man that laid in bed with me when I was at my worst. He spent every minute by my side during Hurricane Katrina and cried softly in my lap on the plane home. It only seems right that he would stand by my side on the biggest day of my life.

I have such a soft spot for puppies at weddings:

Whether its a big dog...

{For more images from this wedding}


Or a teeny tiny pup...
{More images click here}

Dogs make an adorable addition to any processional...

{More pictures click here}
The problem is how do you get a puppy to Costa Rica?? Since B is so small he can fly in the cabin with us and since he's not a flat nosed dog there are no restrictions on flying overseas.

From what I can tell, Costa Rica is not a quarantine country so as long as he's had his rabies shot at least 30 days before we arrive and he has a certificate of health, we should be good to go. I am not quite sure about bringing him back into the States though. Besides that I would just have to figure out how much extra it will cost to fly with him and remember to pack him a bag of food and toys.

My biggest concern is that I am not sure if he would actually enjoy being out there. He's a little anti-social in his old age and the whole thing might just be really stressful for him. On the other hand, being in a kennel for a week would also make him pretty sad. I've traveled with him in the past but he's never been on a plane for more than 2 or 3 hours so I'm not sure how he would handle it. I suppose it will really come down to how complicated it will be to get him there and back.

There are obviously a lot of things I need to consider but I would love to make this happen. Has anyone every traveled with a small dog? What about puppy ringbearers... do or don't??

No comments:

Post a Comment