Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Tiers" of Joy

Since it looks like I may not be able to make my own wedding cake... (I haven't quite given up entirely!!) I decided it was time to speak to my wedding planner about my options. When I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she mentioned that I may not be able to have a three tier cake! Since I will be getting married on the coast it would be more difficult to transport a larger cake. The other option would be to fly someone out to the wedding location to assemble the cake on site.

I know... devastating!

First of all, I have had dreams of a three-tiered wedding cake for as long as I can remember. Second of all, I love the number 3. I think that the best things in life come in threes. (For instance, I have two sisters, I live in apartment number 3 and I was born on the 3rd!).

One of the things that I am really loving right now is uneven tiers, which is why I really want more than two tiers. I love the look of a slightly narrower cake with tiers in three different heights. I love this green and pink 5-tiered cake.

{source}

The uneven look also looks great with three tiers. I also can't help but wonder if the wider/shorter tiers would actually make the cake more stable?


{Source}

{Source}

How adorable are these cakes? It also seems like they would be pretty stable, right?? I actually don't know anything about what makes a cake sturdier or easier to transport.

That being said, I thought I should at least investigate this two tiered cake situation. I found a few adorable 2-tiered cakes that I think might look great with uneven tiers (and the right cake stand, of course!).

{Source}

{Source}

{source}

{source}

I totally love the lace look (obviously). I would love a simple cake that is uber romantic with a vintage feel. I would LOVE if I could make the three tiers work, if not, I think this is not a battle worth fighting.

Does anyone have any great 2-tier wedding cake inspiration? How many tiers did you have on your cake? How do you feel about uneven tiers?

1 comment:

  1. I love the looks of the 2 tiered inspirations you posted. The ivory and white lace is my favorite. We had cupcakes and one small tier on "top" for us to cut. We went the more "simple" route and it was perfect for us.

    ReplyDelete