Friday, December 17, 2010

A Stand Worth Taking?

{Source}

I was talking to Mr. Pancakes about cakes the other day and trying to drag an opinion out of him. I usually I had about 15 tabs open on my browser and I asked him to come take a look. This is the cake I showed him (which I happen to love).

To my surprise (and horror), he said he hated cake stands. Well, his exact words were "That cake is fine, but I don't like that thing its on. Would it have to be like that?"

I kind of hate when this happens. I really wasn't trying to trap him, I hadn't even thought about the cake stand. I was really just trying to get his opinion on the cake and the thing is I adore vintage pedestal cake stands. They are so precious and really complete the image of my perfect wedding cake. Am I crazy? Are they weird??

If I was having a huge 200 person wedding I would not dream of putting that cake on a stand but I'm not. I'm having a small intimate wedding and I think that a smaller cake deserves (needs) to be put on a pedestal so it can get the attention it deserves.

What do you think of vintage cake stands? How much thought have you put into what your cake will sit on?

No comments:

Post a Comment