Thursday, December 9, 2010

Location confirmed!! Punto De Vista

{Source}

I decided to just pull the trigger and book Punto de Vista! I am not going to lie... it was terrifying and its so hard for me not to get on google to make sure I got the best deal possible. (I don't know why that would make me feel better because I would either waste hours confirming a decision I've already made or find out I got shafted and feel horrible about a decision I can't change! Argh... grumble, grumble)

We picked Punto de Vista for three reasons:
1. We really wanted to be within driving distance (around 2 hours driving being the max) from San Jose ... so we picked Manuel Antonio which is about 2 hours away from the airport.
2. We didn't want a cookie cutter resort wedding. When I was considering getting married at a resort, I started having nightmares about showing up at the resort and being the third wedding party to arrive... so we decided to get married at a private villa.
3. We really love our friends and we loved the idea of turning our wedding into a big group vacation. So we decided we wanted to rent a private villa large enough to house our whole bridal ... so we picked Punto de Vista

Without any further ado, here are some gorgeous pictures of my wedding location: (YAY)

{Source}
This is the rooftop deck overlooking the pacific ocean. At first we thought we would get married here but Mr. Pancakes really wanted to get married on the beach... so the beach it is! We'll try to have the reception here depending on the heat factor.

{Source}
How gorgeous is this view!!


{Source}

Yes, it IS a rooftop jacuzzi with a view of the Pacific Ocean!

{Source}
This is what the bedrooms look like. There are 10 bedrooms and every room has a view of the ocean... hence the name "punto de vista" which means "point of view."

{Source}
Here is another bed room. They call this one the master because it has a balcony and a hot tub in the room (See bottom left hand side of the photo), but I actually prefer one of the other rooms because it is a little bigger and I think will be a better location for the bridesmaids to gather on the big day.




{Source}
This is the covered terrace its totally air-conditioned so if its super hot on our wedding day, this is where we will be having our reception.

{Source}
This is the dance room, where we will be having the "cake & champagne" reception. Those huge glass windows also slide open to the pool area creating an indoor/outdoor space.

{Source}
This is the other end of the main room where we will have drinks and dance the night away! There is a bar to the right and a DJ stage so its PERFECT.


{Source}
This is just one of the many weird hang out nooks. How amazing would this be in a photograph, with us in our wedding attire and two classes of champagne!

{Source}
Obviously there is a pool! How fun will this be with all our closest friends and family.

{Source}
There are TWO kitchens a professional kitchen for the chef (yes, the house has a chef) and a regular kitchen.

Maybe it was meant to be, the architect/owner of Punto de Vista is originally from Manhattan Beach. That's where Mr. Pancakes is from!! Did I mention that I'm a huge believer in fate :)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, GORGEOUS!! It looks like the perfect spot to get married :) I would never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete