Thursday, December 9, 2010

Top 5 Wedding Movies OF ALLTIME!

Around this time each year I watch a lot of wedding movies. I think they provide perfect background noise when studying for exams.

These are my top five favorites:

5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
{Source}

This movie makes the list primarily because I love the cultural interactions.
I also love Aidan. I was pretty mad when Carrie cheated on him with Mr. Big. (hahaha)

4. Wedding Crashers
{Source}

Although I love the first half of the movie, I think once they leave the house the movie really goes downhill. Once Will Ferrell enters the movie I think it becomes unwatchable... no offense. Regardless, I think the first half alone makes it totally worth watching.

3. My Best Friend's Wedding
{Source}

I went to see this movie on my 13th birthday with four of my best friends and this awesome movie theater in Singapore. Even after all those years, I still love it but its a little hard to watch now because Kimmie is a 20-year-old college sophomore! Every time I watch it I find this fact more and more disturbing. At one point she contemplates dropping out of college to follow her husband! WHAT!?!? No offense to all the young brides out there!

2. Bride Wars
{Source}
When I finally narrowed things down to my final two dresses I named them Kate and Anne. I adore this movie. I love Kate Hudson and have a soft spot for Anne Hathaway. I think these brides-to-be are hilariously neurotic. Not to mention one is a lawyer (like me, sort of) and the other is a teacher (like my MOH, sort of). That being said, I haven't watched this movie since getting engaged so my opinion may change...

1. Father of the Bride
{Source}
I adoooore this movie! I love watching this movie partly because I am a daddy's girl and partly because it focuses solely on the period between the engagement and the wedding.

Some other great (and not-so-great) wedding movies that I love to watch:
1. Wedding Daze
2. The Wedding Planner
3. Made of Honor
4. The Wedding Date
5. The Wedding Singer
6. Our Family Wedding
7. Runaway Bride
8. Monster-in-Law
9. The Bachelor
10. 27 Dresses

What am I missing? What wedding movies do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment