Thursday, December 9, 2010

International House of Miss Pancakes

I totally can't believe it, I'm a BEE! To be honest, I've had a love/hate relationship with the Bee from the beginning. I loved the inspiration and the amazing diversity on the Bee but I hate how awesome everyone was...all the bloggers just seem so organized, creative, crafty and just plain talented! That being said, I'm honored, and excited about being a newest Bee.

{Source}


A little about the Pancakes: Mr. Pancake was raised in a beach town in California. He loves to surf, scuba dive and spear fish. In fact, he loves all things ocean related.

Growing up, I lived in Indonesia. There were no blond-haired, blue-eyed surfers in those parts. He was the boy I saw on TV. Much like the cowboy or the astronaut, the surfer was this intriguing being that existed in a far off land.

Fast forward about 20 years and I found myself in the middle of the Pacific as a volunteer teacher in the Marshall Islands. One of my nine roommates was Mr. Pancakes. By the end of the year we were inseparable, so much so that we decided to move to Thailand together. In fact we never dated, it was almost the end of the school before Mr. Pancakes confessed his love for me (i know. he's a sweetie) and within a week we were making plans to move to Thailand. You can only imagine how surprised our roommates were not to mention my VERY TRADITIONAL Chinese mother and even more traditional Nigerian father! We spent the first month living on the island of Koh Samui... and then moved to Bangkok for about 10 months. We spent the weekends traveling throughout Thailand and Southeast Asia. It was an amazing 11 months...

Then the night before our three year anniversary on the beach in the Dominican Republic the crazy fool got on knee and made an honest woman of me! ;)

Now that surfer is the boy I am going to marry. From the blond hair to the blue eyes, I get to study this intriguing being up close.

We are planning an uber romantic whimsical beach-side wedding in a villa on the sunny Central Pacific Coast of Coast Rica. I can't wait to share our international wedding journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment