Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PSA: There are lots of StDs out there

Now that I finally have a date, I figure I should probably let people know. So what do you want to hear first, the good news or the bad news? The good news is that a good friend of mine, has offered to help design and print all my invites for me. She was actually my roommate in college for a semester before she transferred to design school and is now a fabulous product designer.

The bad news is, I am SO indecisive.

The first step is to find inspiration, but there are A LOT of options out there. One of my major problems is that I like things that don't even make sense for my wedding. When I see any idea that is particularly unique I have a hard time letting it go. I want to believe I can incorporate everything into my wedding.

After hours and hours and HOURS of searching I finally realized that the elements I like seem to fall into three general categories:

Calenders:

{Available here on etsy}


{The Wedding Chicks}


Destination

{Minted}
{Source}

Floral

{Minted}

{Minted}


This leads me to two questions: (1) How would I go about combining my favorite elements of these save the dates? (2) How coherent do your save the dates and invites have to be? Could the StDs just be the more whimsical, fun version of the invites? I would want to keep the same colors, fonts, and general feel but have the StDs be less elegant. So perhaps I would do a destination themed calendar for the save the dates and then tie in some of the destination feel to a more floral invitation suite. Thoughts?

Did you design/pick your StDs and invites at the same time or were they two totally separate decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment