Sunday, January 2, 2011

Personalized with Passport Stamps

{Not my passport}

Who doesn't love a good passport stamp? Since I'm about a week away from my big move to Amsterdam I have had a couple of chances to look through my passport at all the different stamps and visas I've collected over the years. So I've also become convinced that it would be a brilliant idea to make personalized travel stamps and my fabulous event planner/bridesmaid, Laura, convinced me it was not only a good buy do-able idea. I know that travel themes and destination weddings are pretty cliche but they can be so gorgeous. Besides, I don't plan on having a travel-themed wedding, just a few travel inspired details here and there.

Here are the stamps I made on Paint....



The problem is that I am not sure how I would go about getting these designs onto a rubber stamp. From what I can tell there are three choices:

1. Complete DIY.
By that I mean I found a number tutorials about carving your own stamps. Here is one from Etsy using a block of linoleum and one for carving stamps out of erasers. There are also a number of "make your own stamp kits" available on the market.

2. Semi -DIY
This would mean designing your own stamp and having someone else make the stamp on website like Simon Stamps.

3. Personalized Stamps
I would guess that there are a number of Etsy stores that have pre-designed stamps that they could personalize.

In the alternative, I could just do a psuedo-stamp, which would be more consistent and probably much easier. If I remember correctly, Miss Piglet used a Gocco and Miss Sushi printed travel stamps in her passport save the dates but has anyone done old-fashioned rubber stamps?

No comments:

Post a Comment