Sunday, January 16, 2011

A labor of love

My StDs were designed and printed in Stamford, Connecticut. I took the Metro North up to Stamford and met with my bridesmaid LA. Immediately, LA got to work in her home office. (She does this for a living!)

This is me giving her a thumbs up! I was pretty useless. At some point I have so many ideas that I become indecisive so I just provide general statements of approval.

We finally got them printed!!! This is LA checking out the prints and making sure they were consistent, making sure the black was black and all the edges were clean. She even washed and cleaned the printer after every 4-5 sheets. I love that my friends are perfectionist. :D

Then she cut and whole punched the individual save the dates. She punched little semi-circle notches in the side of the StDs because we tied a piece of twine around each invite. I thought it was a cute mnemonic device of sorts, since we used "tying the knot." I know it's a little cheesy but I like it :D

Because were were ignoring her cat, he made sure to remind us that he was around!

My job was to put holes in the calendars for the little heart shaped brads.

After designing the StDs, the next step was to line the envelopes. We went to Paper Presentation and picked up some high quality brown kraft paper envelopes and loads of scrapbook paper. I clearly couldn't pick just one so I picked up everything that caught my eye. Mr. Pancakes picked the one with the pink elephants.

Then I traced an envelope onto some cardstock to make a template.

Once I had the basic size of the envelope it was easy to figure out the size and spacing I wanted for the liner.
Then I cut out the template and just traced it onto the paper. This is actually the back of the paper. Mr. Pancakes was in charge of the cutting and the stuffing, and I did all the gluing.


Here's what they looked like when they were done!
Super easy and the whole project envelopes and paper cost a little less than $50.

This is the final product!












No comments:

Post a Comment