Monday, January 3, 2011

Clothes don't make the man...

But he sure is a good looking man ;) I rarely get to see Mr. Pancakes in a suit so this was a pretty big day for me!


We bought Mr. Pancakes' suit over labor day weekend in September. I was a little nervous about getting a suit so far in advance but I knew that if I wanted a good summer suit (aka one that he could wear on a hot Costa Rican day and not sweat through)...we would have to catch the end of summer sale or wait until just weeks before the wedding.

So we headed out to JoS A. Banks for their big end of season "buy one, get one half off" sale. When we got there we met salesman Eric, who was helpful, charming and very well-dressed... Let's just say we ended-up buying TWO suits! (Have I mentioned I LOVE shopping!) Together they were $320 including tax and alterations. (Originally $920!).

Back to Mr. P's wedding suit, it's a lightweight cotton blend that breaths really well. I wasn't convinced it was the right suit except that it was the last one in this light gray color and happened to be his size. I am a big believer in signs and I truly believe it was meant to be! There were a lot of navy and khaki suits but we had already decided we preferred gray. It has a more vintage feel and is less traditional at beach weddings. Plus Mr. P really wanted a suit he would be able to wear again and we live too far north for him to get much use out of a navy or khaki suit.

One more thing down (yay!)... a ridiculous number left. sigh. There is something very Sisyphus-esque about wedding planing. Let's celebrate our accomplishments, large or small. What did you get done this recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment