Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What goes up must come down??

As you may or may not know, I won an amazing birdcage veil from One Little Dove, a few months ago. It's a lovely little veil but I haven't quite decided how I want to wear it. There are two issues:

1. Should I add a fascinator of some sort (feathers, flowers, a feather flower, crystals, etc)? (I will deal with that in a separate post)

2. Should I wear my hair up or hair down?


A few months ago Miss Sloth posted this first look picture:
{Source}


Which got me thinking about the birdcage veil hair-up/hair-down dilemma. It also reminded me of this Style Me Pretty Costa Rica Wedding. (This couple is so gorgeous its not even fair!)


{Source}
( **In case you don't remember, this wedding was planned by my wedding planner and photographed by my photographer. I know, they ARE awesome.)


{source}

So here's the dilemma it's gonna be hot and humid in Costa Rica so hair up seems like the more realistic option... BUT I also don't wear my hair down that often and I love the way my hair looks when its down. Plus, it is a special occasion, so maybe I should wear my hair down...

After looking at all the gorgeous hair down options it seems like an easy call... then you see all these:

{Source}




{Source}

{Source}

{source}

There is something so bridal about a nice loose up-do... it's just so easy but it'll also make my neck, and shoulders look better in my strapless dress. (I am strangely obsessed with my collar bone. I am convinced it is my most attractive body part!)

Sometimes it seems like the decisions never end!

What do you think? Did you pick your veil to match your desired hairstyle or did you pick your hairstyle first and then choose the best accent (veil, flower, jeweled headband)?

No comments:

Post a Comment