Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keeping everyone in the know

At about the 7 month mark, I freaked out! I couldn't believe that I was getting married in 7 months!! Mostly because it also signified the halfway point of my 14 month long engagement. The first 7 months flew by so fast that I was sure the next 7 would also be a blur.

In order to help me deal with all the upcoming stress, I started a "bridesmaids newsletter". Since none of my 'maids live in NYC, and I really want them to feel involved, I thought this would be a great resource for all involved! As a control freak, I also need to learn to delegate because I knew I'd need their help (and support) as we got closer to the big day.

So here it is:
{Wedding Planning Templates}

I really love all my bridesmaids and I'm so super excited about partying in Costa Rica together next year...um, I mean getting married :D I decided to try to do ONE newsletter a month and to just send them out as pdf files instead of hard copies. It's budget friendly, good for the environment and easy for my bridesmaids to store and use.

The sections I decided to include in every newsletter are:
  • Countdown section with updates about the wedding planning progress
  • Exciting story of the month
  • Sob story of the month
  • Vendor profiles (photographer, videographer, wedding planner... just so they know/recognize the people that will be buzzing around on the big day!)
  • Who's Who? (The first month I did profiles on the BMs, second month Groomsmen... next I hope to do parents, and then even certain guests who I'm calling the MVPs)
  • Helpful Websites (ie. our wedding website, our travel website, photogs blog, etc.)
  • What do you think? In this section, I can ask my BMs questions about choosing shoes, flowers, food, etc. Most of them read my blog so it'll be much more specific than my blog posts :D
Has anyone else used the newsletter format? Was it helpful? What other information did you include?

No comments:

Post a Comment