Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Too old for a tutu?... say it ain't so!?

A few months ago I discovered Ouma's etsy shop and fell in love. It doesn't hurt that her styling is crazy amazing. It's so ethereal and romantic...almost bridal even.






So for a couple weeks I was totally obsessed with the idea of having a tutu inspired reception dress... I knew I couldn't afford to spend $200 but I could certainly spend $50, right? Turns out reasonably priced tutus are hard to come by... le sigh.

Basically anything you can get for $50 doesn't have the volume of a $200 tutu. I was defeated. I was disappointed but able to convince myself that a tutu was ridiculous for a woman my age (yes, I recognize that I am only 26!). Then I saw this post on Southern Wedding Magazine and felt that tutu-longing ache in the pit of my stomach.

{Source}


So I am just putting it out in the universe. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't it was never meant to be. We'll see what happens!

Is there anything you really really want for your wedding even though you know it doesn't make much sense? What is it about weddings that make them such a good excuse for indulging these desires?

No comments:

Post a Comment