Friday, February 18, 2011

Feelin' Boxed In(vitations)

Note from Miss Pancakes: I wrote this post in November when I was 200 hundred days out. Now that I am 100 days out and ready to post my completed invitations I thought I should share this post.

Where did the time go?! There are now less than 7 months until my wedding... it seems like it was just yesterday that I was saying “I’m not worried, I have 14 months to plan…” Sigh.

That being said, things are going well but I think it’s time for me to order invitations. I will be moving to Amsterdam for the semester in January so I would really like to get my invitations assembled and addressed before I leave. Finals start the second week of December so I need to have all the pieces before December and then I can assemble after finals, between Christmas and January 8, when I leave.

In addition to my love for letterpress, I have fallen head over heels in love with boxed invitation suites. I first saw these boxed suites on Wedding Chicks and fell in love.

{source}


But I was obviously worried about the DIY-ability of these suites, not to mention the mailing costs! Then I headed to the Bee and found Miss Perfumes gorgeous boxed invitations.

{source}

Although Mrs. Perfume didn't DIY her invites she did assemble, wrap, and address (label) all the boxes, and from the look of things she had twice as many as I will need. But I was still really apprehensive. It just seemed like a lot of work, on top of being a full time law student, working part-time as a nanny of four kids, and a research associate at the Vale Center on Sustainable Investment, I have a take-home midterm due in two weeks, my MPRE (Multi-State Professional Responsibility Exam) this weekend!

But then I saw this on Green Wedding Shoes. Not only are the pieces amazing, but its a New Orleans wedding. Let's just say "I know what it means"...


{source}


I try really hard to avoid this term because it is so overused on wedding blogs but these invites are SOO SWOON-able! I'm hooked. So this weekend my lovely bridesmaid LA, is coming back in town and we are gonna start throwing out ideas and making mock-ups! I am SOO excited.

Anyone else loving boxed invitations? If you've done it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment