Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Udderly in Love...

About 6 months ago Mr. Pancakes went to a wedding and was OBSESSED with the homemade dark chocolate chip cookies with infused milk shooters. He talked about it FOR WEEKS! While I am not sure it's something that we'll do, I can certainly see the appeal. The only reason we wouldn't do it is because I don't like chocolate chip cookies or milk :( I didn't grow up in the States so its not really a comfort food for me... but there are so many great ways to do milk & cookies at a wedding:

Milk & Cookie Bar: You could have all sorts of cookies and flavors of milk for your guests to choose from. You could do peanut butter, oatmeal, oreo, etc and then have jugs of strawberry, chocolate, skim and whole milk! I would be so easy to do and really budget friendly.

{source}

Passed around on a tray: The tiny shot glasses of milk with the individual cookies present really well. They look great and may help with quantity control. You could even do it with oreos. I heart oreos with milk! However, according to Mr. Pancakes, "they just make you feel bad when you have like 15." While that may be the (one) guys' perspective, keep in mind that even cookies can be classy! It's all in the presentation.

{source}


{Source}


{Source}

As favors: Who wouldn't love to go home with a little bag of cookies and some milk? Also how adorable are these mini ol' school glass milk bottles?

{source}

Untraditional: Reach for the stars, so to speak. Why do traditional chocolate chip cookies at all??

{Source}

So I have to admit that I have a soft spot for all things tiny. I pretty much love everything wedding-related but love it even more if it can be made tiny. I've been know to spend hours at Paper Presentation swooning over miniature envelopes and tiny luggage tags! I have no idea what I would do with a 1 x 2 inch envelope but they were SOOO cute!!

Has anyone had a cookies & milk bar or been to a wedding with one? Have other people been served Cookies with Milk Shooter do you agree with Mr. P?

No comments:

Post a Comment