Friday, February 18, 2011

Sparkles and Shines

{Source}

There is really nothing more amazing than a great statement necklace. I know there was certainly a time when a single strand of pearls was the only option but that was probably also when brides wore traditional veils and white satin shoes. There is obviously nothing wrong with traditional but there's also something amazing about moving away from tradition and expressing your personality on your big day.

For me, that's not only gonna be a hot pair of pumps but a stunning statement necklace. I LOVE big bold necklaces and adore pearls. Yes, I know pearls and lace, could I be any more predictable, but I like what I like. Lately, I seem to be spotting a lot of great necklaces around the blogisphere and wanted to share:

{Source}

{source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

Aren't they gorgeous-ness!?! Also how much do you love those touching pre-wedding photographs of the MOTB helping the bride put on her necklace.... so precious.

I officially have a new obsession (yes, after shoes, orchids, delias, letterpress... sorry, but I have an obsessive personality!) These are the early possibilities I found today but the search is still young I am sure there will be plenty more to come!

{Nordstrom: $58}

{Banana Republic: $98}

{Ann Taylor: $138}

{J.Crew: $118}

{Nordstrom: $38}

{Nordstrom: $32}


There are also SOOO SOOO SOO many DIY pearl necklace tutorials available on the internet but I've filtered through a couple dozen and found my top favorites, which I picked because I thought the necklaces were cool, the inspiration was on point, and the instructions were fairly clear.

One of the best things about living in NYC is the fabric district, it's called that but it's actually a source of all things crafty, from beads, lace, and ribbon, to crystal buttons, and feathers. Basically anything you would need for an arts and crafts project you can find in bulk! That being said, I figure I could make a list of the supplies I'll need and bring them with me to Amsterdam, this def seems like a travel friendly DIY project that I could work on overseas.

Here are some of my favorite DIY posts from around the blogosphere:

{Source: instructions}

{Source: instructions}

{Source: instructions}

{Source: instructions}

{Source: instructions}


{Source: instructions}


Have you decided what you are going to do about jewelry? How much did you budget for your extra sparkle and shine? I haven't quite decided which one I love....which are your favorites? Have you ever made your own necklace? Am I in over my head??

No comments:

Post a Comment