Friday, February 18, 2011

Raise your hand if you love paper straws.

{Source}

I first noticed these fabulous striped straws when I entered SWMag's MMInk calligraphy contest. (BTW how much do you love Moya from MM Ink). Then I started to notice that they are everywhere...which was inevitably followed by this ache in my stomach for paper straws (which I didn't even know was a think two weeks ago!) It's embarrassing but true. I am such a sucker for cute details. I mean, LOOK:

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}


So here's the deal on these darling details. As far as I can tell they come in a few colors: red, green, hot pink, blue and gray. You can get them from Kikkerland and they come in boxes of 50 for $3 or 144 for $7. Shipping and handling is $10 because Kikkerland is in the UK.

Art Fire also has them in packs of 100 for $16.

There are also a number of sellers on Etsy and Ebay who sell these straws but they all seem to be fairly pricey. All the Etsy sellers I could find seem to sell them with the flags included so they are about $25 for 20!

While it seems like most people like to decorate the actual paper straws, I love this mix and match idea. How a-dorable are these stirrers??

The further along I get in the planning process, the more I realize that one of the best and worst things about a small wedding is that I am convinced that I can add/afford anything and everything....sigh.

Update: I told my sister about my obsession with these straws and then she sent me this email:

(This is the exact email. No message just a picture sent from her iphone.)


How fabulous is my sister! I am now the proud owner of 100 pink and white paper straws. I heart my sister :D

Has anyone gotten these straws? Did you find any good deals? What other wedding details have you fallen in love with that you didn't even know existed?

No comments:

Post a Comment