Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Surf, Sun & Swimwear

{Etsy via Lovely Cluster}

It's sprrrrrrrrring!! I love spring. Let's be honest,I really just LOVE the sun! I adore the sun, so much so that Mr. P often calls me "solar powered." I love being hot. Not just warm, I love being a little too hot with a slight breeze. Although I've enjoyed traveling Europe, it turns out there isn't nearly as much sunlight as I need.

This is really the longest I've ever gone without tropical weather. Last winter, Mr. P and I went to Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic. The year before we went to Miami and Mexico. This year we didn't go anywhere because we are saving for the wedding and the we had the big move to Amsterdam. So let's just say I am in desperate need of my Vitamin D, but since I can't afford to fly to the tropics I've decided to spend my days shopping for the perfect wedding weekend swimwear.

In order to avoid bridal bikini lines, I've decided that a strapless bikini would be the best option. I'm totally obsessed with Vix and love everything I've bought from them. Unfortunately their swimwear is a little pricely so I have to wait until the suits I love go on sale. There is something about Brazilian swimwear designers that really speaks to me. I also adore Californian swimwear. I don't know that much about flowers, dresses, make-up or shoes but when it comes to swimwear... I am totally in the know. In celebration of summer, every year I get myself a brand new swimsuit. This year it gets to be EXTRA special.

1. Something Bridal a.k.a.white - I love white swimwear but always worry about transparency.

{Vix- $99}

2. Something tropical - I love mix and matched swim wear. I love bright colors and I LOOOOVE prints.
{Vix -Top $49;Bottom $50}

Here are some more budget friendly options:


{ASOS- Top $27.58; Bottom $20.69}

{Victoria's Secret- $38}



Don't forget an adorable cover-up!! How cute is this ?

{Vix-$99}


Anyone else missing the summer sun?? What are some other great budget swimwear stores I should consider?

No comments:

Post a Comment